Check out this super tasty, super rad – and healthy – pizza crust!
Healthy, delicious, and full of incredible benefits, this cauliflower and chia seed pizza crust may be our new favorite thing.
Cauliflower is full of thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, omega-3’s, and vitamin K, is a great source of vegetable protein, phosphorous, and potassium, and is good for cancers such as breast, colon, prostate, and ovarian. Cauliflower is also good for your heart, digestive system, and it’s anti-inflammatory.
Chia seeds also play a starring role in this deliciously healthy vegan crust. Chia seeds are tiny black seeds that are full of fiber, protein, calcium, iron, and omega-3. They are loaded full of antioxidants that can fight the production of free radicals, which damage molecules in cells that contribute to ageing and horrible disease like cancer.
- 1 large head of Organic Cauliflower
- 3/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix chia seeds in with the 3/4 cup of water and refrigerate 20 minutes before intended use.
- Chop the cauliflower, and place in a blender or food processor and blend until it is a fine rice-like texture.
- Measure out around 3 cups and place into a large bowl, add in the ground almonds, oregano, salt, and pepper. Make a hole in the center and add in the Chia goop.
- Combine the ingredients by hand and, and shape everything together into a ball. It should be loose and sticky, not like a traditional dough.
- Put the ball onto a baking tray and form into a flat crust with your hands. Make a ridge around the outside, and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add your favorite tomato base, and toppings bake an additional 5-10 minutes and enjoy your healthy meal!