Many don’t know that unlike table salt, Himalyan salt contains the exact same 84 natural elements and minerals found in the human body, minerals that contribute to your vitality and overall health.
The minerals are in an ionic state, which means that are so tiny and it make sit easier for our cells to absorb. Even though its new in the United States, in Eastern Europe, salt rooms were utilized for therapeutic purposes for more than 200 years.
Years ago it was a common practice for those with lung conditions to visit salt mines for healing benefits. It was also the Ancient Greeks who used Halotherapy (salt therapy) for respiratory problems.
Salt therapy is becoming more known in the United States, with the introduction of salt rooms in spas and other wellness establishments. Salt is widely known for it anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-microbial properties. While many visit salt mines around the world to help alleviate allergies, congestion, asthma, and hay fever, others visit salt rooms that are popping up in big cities like London, New York, and Orlando.
You don’t have to travel to receive the benefits of Himalyan salt. Anyone can enjoy the health rewards by adding it into their diet, home, or routine. Himalayan salt is in numerous available forms such as blocks, lamps, slabs, rocks, lamps, ground salt foe culinary purposes, make your own sole, or coarse salt for baths.
Benefit of Salt Inhalers
Modern salt inhalers combine together the modern with the best of old-world technology. There are Himalayan salt rocks that rest right at the bottom of the inhaler. When you inhale, the natural moisture in the air actually absorbs the slat particles into the lungs. This is to help aid in reducing inflammation in the lungs, and can help with health conditions such as colds, congestion, hay fever, asthma and sinus congestion.
In comparison to traditional inhalers, this therapy offers no negative side effects at all.
- Salt is a natural expectorant and may help in reducing excess mucous.
- Reducing mucus, may eliminate night time coughing and post nasal drip, allowing you to sleep better.
- Himalayan salt contains 84 natural elements and minerals that are found in the human body.
- Salt inhalation therapy can reduce redness and swelling of nasal passages.
- Himalayan salt inhalers can reduce irritation and inflammation from pollutants and smoke.
- Salt is known for its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties.
- Using a salt inhaler can be used to cleanse the body of harmful organisms.
How to use a Salt Inhaler
1. Place Himalayan rocks inside your ceramic inhaler, (don’t use plastic inhalers) according to the package directions.
2. Place the inhaler mouthpiece in your mouth.
3. Breathe in normally through the mouth, and exhale through the nose.
4. Do not add water, the inhaler is for dry therapy only.
5. When you inhale with long slow deep breaths this will bring the salt ions to the lungs. Because the ions are so small they bypass the nasal filtering system we have and go directly into the lungs. The lungs then absorb the ions and bring them into the bloodstream.
This will help to reduce inflammation and can also reduce pain in lungs from various conditions such as asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia.
NOTE: Follow cleaning directions on the inhaler package, and remember not to share your inhaler, as they are recommended for just one person. Each family member needs to have their own inhaler. Even though many have seen immediate results within a few days, in general, the effects of using a Himalayan salt inhaler are more subtle than immediate. They are usually noticed with consistent usage.
How to Refill Your Himalayan Salt Inhaler
If you need your salt inhaler to be refilled, simply open the round plastic stopper and empty the used salt out and fill with the fresh, coarse Himalayan salt. Then, plus the stoppage back into place.
Never refill your inhaler with anything other than Himalayan Salt.
Where to Buy
Himalayan Salt Inhalers are available online and in many natural health food stores.