You likely know that refined sugar is bad for you, and you may even know that it’s addictive in ways similar to heroin or morphine. What you may not know is that peppermint – and specifically peppermint oil – can help you overcome sugar addiction and instead burn excess calories!
Researchers have actually found that inhaling peppermint can directly influence the brain’s satiety center, giving you the feeling of fullness.
Check out the video below for best uses of peppermint oil!
Using a diffuser and inhaling peppermint oil as cravings strike can also help – as can applying peppermint oil to your feet.
Check out these other tips:
- Apply several drops (2-4) with a carrier on location, abdomen, and temples.
- Mix 2 drops of coconut oil with 2 drops of peppermint essential oil. Apply the mixture down the inside center of your wrists. Do it every morning and evening.
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
- Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.